No early discount?!?!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iRabid, Jun 24, 2010.

1. iRabid macrumors member

Always double check what you're paying!!!

Went to Arizona to visit my brother. While I was here I was going to get the iPhone 4. So I put a reserve for the Phoenix Apple Store (Blitmore). Come down to the Apple store at 6:45 am and stand in line for 6 hours. (mind you that this was the reserve line) Walk in line was worse! Gotta love that 100 degree weather of Phoenix!!

So after getting to the front door and going inside. I get a huge surprise while ringing up my iPhone....$699!!!!

W T F!!!!

I was expecting to pay $499 (32 GB Black) cause of the early upgrade price. So luckly I had brought my credit cards with me. I had to put it all on my credit card. The AT&T rep in CA told me that I was eligible for the early discount price. But left out that it was for 11/20/2010!!!!!

So I'm happy that I got the new iPhone. But pissed that I had to pay $750+ for it. Bittersweet....

2. dojoman macrumors 65816

The good thing is you'd be eligible for iPhone 5 next yr.

3. iRabid thread starter macrumors member

So since I paid MSRP for the iPhone 4 this time around. It doesn't effect my upgrade eligibility?

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

no,

5. iRabid thread starter macrumors member

Cool beans... The last time I paid the full subsidiary price was with the iPhone 3G.

6. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Yes, it seems that you did an "Early Upgrade" to a 3GS and then for the iPhone 4 your Early Upgrade would be 11/20/2010 with a Full Subsidy in Feb. 2011. based on your line's MRC. There was not a move for "Early Upgrades" only customers that were scheduled for a "Full Subsidy in 2010" got the full subsidy pricing.

So since you paid the "No Commitment" price, your upgrade subsidy status is and should remain the same and you are well positioned for the next iPhone cycle in the summer of 2011 :eek:

Dave

7. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

Always remember... unless you have something to print out or see when you're buying your phone, you're not eligible. I had a reserve, and I printed out what at&t accepted that I could buy. I didn't need it... but it was there. I rarely take anyone's full word for it. Learn it, if you can print it out... it's worth the paper you print it on.

8. army91c macrumors 6502a

Who's fault is it that you stood in line in the heat for 6 hours without knowing if you were eligible for an upgrade? You should really only be pissed at yourself.

9. iRabid thread starter macrumors member

If I would of known, I wouldn't have upgraded now...

10. army91c macrumors 6502a

Why did you take another persons "word"? www.att.com or *639# would of given you your answer.

11. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

From what I understand, you were already an iphone user. If this is the case, your eligibility should have been pushed up for launch if it is for later this year.