No Edge or 3G all the sudden

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by travis123, Dec 10, 2009.

1. travis123 macrumors newbie

Anyone else see this problem. This morning all the sudden my 3gs does not display the E or 3G and I have no data access. I checked my bill and its paid up. I do have wifi and phone. I rebooted the phone too. Is it just me?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Could be an outage in your area. Where do you live?

3. travis123 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Hopefully, some Dallas members will post here. I'll ask some ones I know in the Dallas area.

5. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I'm in Richardson today and I'm not having any trouble with 3G.

6. travis123 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have talked to several other people here at my work with iphones and no one is seeing any problems. I guess I have to call. I sure hope there is not a problem with my phone. I know I paid the bill ;)

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Try a reset network settings. Also you might try turning on airplane mode and then turning it off.

8. travis123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just thought I would let everyone know what actually happened. Thank you for all the help. Youall are not going to believe this one. After hours of being on the phone with first ATT and them not finding any problems they transferred me to apple. then apple support had me on forever too, including restoring my phone to original format etc. Nothing worked. I get home and my wife told me she called att and added unlimited text to our plan. I said "Ill bet you did it about the time I lost data". Sure enough, called att and they said I had no data plan. ATT lady said "cant believe that they could even do that since its mandatory that I have the data plan". She flipped a switch and then all was good except I had to do a restore from backup that took forever again!. Go figure huh! Anyway, thanks again everyone