Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Has anyone here purchased OS X Server with an EDU discount? I called Apple and they don't offer Server with EDU pricing. What the heck is that all about? Is this new?

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Both.. it doesn't show up on either for me. And I called them (twice) and they said they didn't offer an EDU discount.

Thosw prices above are non-edu. That's the list price in the Apple Store (I looked yesterday).

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
yellow said:
Both.. it doesn't show up on either for me. And I called them (twice) and they said they didn't offer an EDU discount.
Well I get half off in the United States for OS X Server. I posted a screenshot too for what it's worth.

yellow said:
Thosw prices above are non-edu. That's the list price in the Apple Store (I looked yesterday).
$499 for 10-client and $999 for unlimited. My screenshot shows $249 and $499 for education.

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
Maybe they figure students don't need to buy anything for a server and schools themselves are generally loaded enough to pay the full price. Just guessing.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
motulist said:
Maybe they figure students don't need to buy anything for a server and schools themselves are generally loaded enough to pay the full price. Just guessing.
I made mention that you need to go to the Instituional Education Store (IT/Departmental) for your school to see OS X Server. It doesn't show up for individual education purchases. (Student/Faculty)

http://store.apple.com/1-800-800-APPL/WebObjects/HED

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.