No Edu Discount on iPods?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by buffalo, Apr 30, 2007.

1. buffalo macrumors 65816

A quick question...

I just learned that I am eligible for the student discount through the tour company that I my Spanish class will be traveling with this summer. The battery on my current Nano isn't very good anymore, so I am considering getting a new one - probably an 8GB. I was browsing on the Edu store and noticed there weren't any discounts on iPods... Is this just my store, or all education stores? I wasn't expecting much - not more than $10, but anything is nice. I guess I could just get a refurb 8GB for $200.

Thanks!

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

That is true...they did away with EDU discounts on iPods with the last update.

3. buffalo thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for clarifying. Being a high school student, I do not frequent the education store so I missed that change.

4. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

Oddly enough, the government stores still do iPod discounts... :confused:

Do you have a family member/friend that works for a town/city/state/federal gov't ? You can buy an iPod through them (Apple says you can).

5. cujoca macrumors regular

do they offer that government discount in Canada? If so, where do I go about finding it?

where do you even go to find a gov't discount on the U.S. website?

Thanks

6. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Here are the US government stores.

Not sure if there are counterpart stores in Canada.

7. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

I don't see a canadian gov't store... the US one is at the bottom of the store page in the dropdown menu. If you know anyone who qualifies in the US you can buy through them.

8. diamond3 macrumors 6502a

I know there is no discount at the online Apple store for education, however at my local university they sell them for $234 and $329 for the 30 and 80gb ipod. Check around and go into stores that sell ipods and ask them about a education discount.