Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

No Education Discount on iPad Mini?

aka777

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Yes. Apple apparently cannot afford to shave a few bucks off for educators on these things.

But hey, they're the cool hippie company. :apple:

token787

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2012
Yes, I was hoping they would have offered some kind of educational discount since the theme for iPad mini was education.

aka777

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
but why would an educator choose minis over normal sized ones?

Well, there isn't any discount on it either. I would have thought that they'd have at least cut something for the k-12 teachers. Heck, even the dirt-bag cell companies provide them with a discount.

noteple

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2011
No corporate or education discount on latest iPads.
Maybe after several months have past but not now.

RedRaven571

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2009
Pennsylvania
No corporate or education discount on latest iPads.
Maybe after several months have past but not now.

AFAIK, there have never been education discounts on iPads, I checked last year when I was purchasing an iPad for my wife and there weren't any then either.

The only discounted items were Macs.

But, to the OPs point, Apple is positioning iPads for education, so don't know why they couldn't take off 6-7%.

noteple

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2011
AFAIK, there have never been education discounts on iPads, I checked last year when I was purchasing an iPad for my wife and there weren't any then either.

The only discounted items were Macs.

But, to the OPs point, Apple is positioning iPads for education, so don't know why they couldn't take off 6-7%.

It's not a special version, only made or positioned for the education market. It's consumer device made for consumers.

When a school tries to cut a business deal for 100 units I imagine there will be some business concessions.

And yes you are correct there were no educational or corporate discounts last product release so it shouldn't be a surprise.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.