No Education Discount on the New MacBook Pros?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Theronen, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Theronen macrumors newbie

With slight bump in processor speeds and ram in the MacBook Pro line, I'm ready to buy one for University. However, the base price for each machine is identical regardless of if you are on the Apple Education Store or the normal Apple Store. For example, the high end 13" MacBook Pro is $1799.00 on the Apple Education Store. I was planning on ordering one today, but if I can't get an educational discount, I won't. Does anyone have any idea what's up? Does this normally occur with new releases?

2. iKraze macrumors newbie

UK Education store is working exactly as it did before and the new macs are discounted when using it.

3. rMBPUser03 macrumors newbie

German education store works exactly as it should, so I can not confirm any issues.

4. Mixolyd macrumors member

Mixolyd

Are you sure you're in the actual education store? I'm in the US and the prices look correct to me.

5. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

If you are in a state in the USA with tax free weekend for back to school shopping, check to see if that can kill or reduce your sales tax. In my state the tax next weekend is only on computers over $1000. Some neighboring states have zero sales tax on computers next weekend.