No email & Calendar freezing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by n0de, Sep 18, 2008.

1. n0de macrumors 6502

I have been unable to receive email for at least 24 hours on my phone now. The MobileMe web portal and SMTP to my laptop are fine, but the iPhone just sits with the spinning "Connecting" ball. The same thing is happening for my GMail and exchange accounts.

Also my Calendar.app freezes. I open it and it displays today, but there is no response. Even closing it requires a force close.

Everything was fine after the 2.1 update, but all of a sudden now my two most important functions fail to work....

I left WindowsMobile devices because I hated always have to reboot them. I really dislike the newer Blackberrys because they are so cheap feeling and not very durable. I guess I will have to go Android because I am sick of having to restore my iPhone.

By the way, mine is unlocked/unmolested, so yeah it is the device.

2. baritony macrumors newbie

I too have the problem with the Calendar program.

All was well even during the day yesterday then it came up empty. SO I rebooted the iPhone and it came back to display the events but after 2 secs, it freezes and crashes

Let me and all of us know what you find!!

3. baritony macrumors newbie

Ok did the restore and I have a variation of the problem.
    First a little back story. I have been using the NeuvaSync with my google calendar. I suspect thats the culprit.
    I can NOT delete this account from my setting under general/mail/etc. When I go to try, and save, it freezes my settings page and crashes.

So now after the restore, I can browse my calendar program but I can NOT add an event to it or it freezes/crashes.
    Also, when I go to delete the NuevaSync account in General/Mail, it still crashes.

Suggests on how to remove this account from my iPhone?

4. baritony macrumors newbie

Found this from their website and it solved my problem for now.

"Just a quick update, but following information provided by diligent users, we have some lines of investigation which we are pursuing on the freezing issue which can sometimes occur with iPhones or iPods running the new 2.1 firmware. We've also managed to reproduce this ourselves on a test device, and are working on a consistent reproduction case to nail it down.

If you encounter this problem, please do e-mail support with the subject 'iPhone Freezing Returned'. We've had a number of users send in reports, but more information is always good. Please include some details about--as best you can recall--the last operations you were performing before the freeze. That information is especially helpful. Things like, were you adding an entry, changing one, or not changing anything? If you were changing one, was there anything unique about the entry? We may not respond individually to each e-mail, but we are studying them.

And our thanks again to all the users who have sent us information. Thank you!"