No email notifications/sound alert

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by massi88, Sep 26, 2013.

1. massi88 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am having some trouble with emails after I upgraded to iOS 7. I have no email notification or sound alert unless I open the emails app, only then the new emails show up and a sound alert is emitted. Did anyone experience the same thing?

Thanks.

2. Benito macrumors 6502

Benito

I am getting the sound alerts for emails along with the notification. Did you go to >> Settings >> Sounds >> New Mail and then select a sound?

3. massi88 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I did that, but still, no notification or sound at all. When I open the emails app I only get the sound and no notification. :confused:

----------

I have checked notifications control, mail was not included so I included it, but STILL, it doesn't work!! :eek:

----------

I think I've found the problem, there is no Push option for my gmail account. When I send an email to the icloud account I receive notifications/sound, but not for the gmail one. Is there a way to put the Push option on this account too instead of manual recovery of emails?

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

No, unless you can set it up using exchange which Google is cracking down on. You can change it from Manual to Fetch though, which will check it periodically (15 minutes) and notify you each time.

5. massi88 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, I forwarded my gmail account to the iCloud one so that I receive push notifications. Thanks for the help! :)