No email screen notification

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by tommy060289, Jan 24, 2014.

1. tommy060289 macrumors regular

Hey everyone,

I’m currently having a problem with my iPhone where it does not display notifications on screen or light up the screen when I receive emails. It still vibrates or beeps to indicate new mail but the screen remains blank and I have to unlock the phone and look at my my mail icon to see if it is a new email (indicated by a red badge with the number of new messages).

I have checked in the notification centre and everything is set correctly as display notifications, display banner etc but it just does not work and I can not figure out why? The problem started after one of my two email accounts started being problematic and not receiving mail on my iPhone so I deleted the email account from my iPhone settings and re-added it and ever since I have this problem with both email accounts!

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Tom

2. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Is it set to show on lock screen?

3. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

First, Try;

Ensure each account has Badges/Banners and Alerts show in notifcation center and/or lock screen.

Second, try.

SETTINGS > GENERAL > RESET > RESET ALL SETTINGS

While this is annoying and doesn't delete data, it works for most things. After, try adjusting notifcation settings.

4. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

I would at least try a phone reboot before resetting your device.

5. Coupz macrumors regular

Have you enabled "show in lockscreen" and "show in notification center" for both accounts?

6. tommy060289 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah they're all enabled. Tried the reset n will see if it works.

7. jargon51 macrumors 6502

I am having the exact same problem since I upgraded to 7.1

Anyone figure this out yet?

8. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

I had the same issue after installing iOS 7.1. before 7.1 everything worked, I've since did a hard reset to my iPhone (hold home and power button until it shuts off) and it works as it did before.