No engraving

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MacAttack888, Apr 10, 2011.

1. MacAttack888 macrumors newbie

Anyone else not get their iPad's engraved? I thought I would get something but then I changed my mind...mostly because I didn't know what to write lol. Was thinking of "if found please call..." but figured it might hurt the resale value.

2. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I'm not a fan of engraving due to the reason you posted, it hurts resale, more so if its personal. Plus I don't spend much time looking at the back of my iDevices. I did engrave a iPod shuffle and nano a few years ago, I still sold them, but it just didn't seem worth the delay in shipping and lose of cash down the road.

3. TheFarmer macrumors 6502

I don't engrave my stuff, I upgrade too often and engraved things tend not to sell too well :)

4. BobbieM629 macrumors regular

ONLY reason I don't engrave!

5. RappleRapple macrumors member

Ask my MacBook, iPhone, Steve Jobs or my wife!
    Even w/o hurting resale, do you really need/want anything engraved on your iPad?

I could see if you were giving it as a gift- MAYBE!

6. BlackMamba14 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Why would you engrave an iPad? Unless your going to pass it down to other family members I don't see why you would lower your resale value

7. raptorstv macrumors 6502

I wanted to... But if i engrave my ipad, i wont be able to refund my ipad if i disliked it... It would be a final sale!