No EPP discount for iMacs?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by kidwei, Oct 24, 2012.

1. kidwei, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012

kidwei macrumors regular

Little disappointed to see my EPP discount doesn't include the new iMac. EPP seems to work for the mac mini. For iMac, seems like there's an educational discount, but not EPP, as of now. Wonder if it'll kick in when we can actually preorder the iMac? Anyone else with an EPP seeing no discount?

edit: my EPP doesn't include ipad mini

2. bry223 macrumors regular

Can't seem to get my EPP discount either, but Im sure it's because you can't actually order them yet and you can only view the public price ranges.

3. 12dylan34 macrumors 6502a

4. jedolley macrumors 68000

Are you referring to education pricing or some sort of employment discount?

5. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

6. Gingeronie macrumors newbie

The EPP discount will become available some time after the iMac has become available and is in stock.

7. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

I hope so! :eek:

8. MetzoPaino macrumors member

I couldn't see a student discount when I logged in on the university network, which makes me agree with @Gingeronie that they're not actually in the system yet.

9. smithfield11 macrumors member

There will be student discount

When I first logged on to student store on wednesday there was student pricing for the new imac available with the bottom end 21.5 inch having around 13% and the others around 11% discount. Apple then put the price up on the student store so I asked apple and they said there will be student discount and this will be displayed on the education store as soon as the product is available to order.

That's what I've been told anyway and seems to make sense.

10. MacMiguel macrumors regular

University discounts are very important for students, I hope Apple continues treating us well.... :confused:

11. seniorchang macrumors member

Also, there are still discounts on imac apple care, so I guess they'll continue discounts on the imac.

12. MacMiguel macrumors regular

When i try to buy an iMac thru my univ site it appears "students discounts" in the iMac site like in the other Mac sites (Mac mini and Macbooks also have the discount), so i guess it'll be avaiable... It'd be a non-sense and a kick-ass if it's not a discount on iMacs.

13. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

If you all tried to order on the regular store, you would find you can't do it there either. Wait until they are available, folks!