No EQ Settings for the Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by perezr10, May 16, 2015.

1. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

I absolutely love being able to use my Apple Watch as an iPod Nano on my wrist. However, I noticed that when my watch is not connected to my iPhone the music sounds flatter. I always use the Bass Boost setting on my phone so I figured I'd just go set the same setting on my watch. However, I don't see it anywhere. Can someone tell me where it is? Does it even exist?

2. The Tuck macrumors 6502

The Tuck

I don't think it exists. Could be coming in an update or could be a concession for battery life. Active EQ does use more professor and takes more of a hit on the battery.

Tuck

3. perezr10 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. I don't think it does either. My music still sounds good. It's just that I'm used to the Bass Boost always being on so by comparison it's not as deep as I'd like.

I gotta think that the EQ function will be coming soon. There are precious few things that the Apple watch can do better than the iPhone but being an iPod is one of them.

4. jds4300 macrumors member

The second generation Apple Watch will ship with a built in equalizer and subwoofer. Be patient until then.