Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SYCAMOREGRAD

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 23, 2006
Indianapolis
I find it hard to believe that Apple would introduce all-new iPad Pro models via press release with such significant rumored changes continuing to leak. M3 MBs, with no design changes, sure, but entirely new designs for a major product category? That doesn’t make sense.

Reactions: Matcha

erikkfi

macrumors 68000
May 19, 2017
I agree - if there's a new pencil, new display type, and new glass option as was rumored today, plus a new size for the Air, that's more than enough types of changes to merit a big splash. But what is an "event" these days now that the pandemic let Tim kill off live announcements, which were way more suited to Steve's personality than to his? I bet if they avoid a 'virtual event' they'll still produce a super-slick video for them.

Reactions: cpatrick08

Matcha

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2021
Mark Gurman said the announcement would combine “videos with marketing campaigns”. I’m expecting a mini-keynote for the iPads, tons of imagery and video a complete opposite of the anticlimactic announcement of the M3 MacBook Air 2 weeks ago. We’ll see soon enough I can’t wait.

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
Mark Gurman said the announcement would combine “videos with marketing campaigns”. I’m expecting a mini-keynote for the iPads, tons of imagery and video a complete opposite of the anticlimactic announcement of the M3 MacBook Air 2 weeks ago. We’ll see soon enough I can’t wait.
This is my thought as well. That's basically what they did last time...press releases and a video. I wouldn't be disappointed if they did it that way again, straight to the point without all the extra fluff the Apple Events have had.

SYCAMOREGRAD

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 23, 2006
Indianapolis
This is my thought as well. That's basically what they did last time...press releases and a video. I wouldn't be disappointed if they did it that way again, straight to the point without all the extra fluff the Apple Events have had.

I see your point, but these are for lower-end models and the mostly nothing-new M2 Pro Pencil hover was not a huge new feature to most. If iPad Pro gets a major redesign, that might garner an event.

cpatrick08

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2016
True
I see your point, but these are for lower-end models and the mostly nothing-new M2 Pro Pencil hover was not a huge new feature to most. If iPad Pro gets a major redesign, that might garner an event.
True, but the events are pre-recorded now. They could put the video in the press release if they wanted to.

SYCAMOREGRAD

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 23, 2006
Indianapolis
Well, now it sounds like they’re gonna end up at WWDC. I can’t remember a product launch in May since the original MacBook.

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2022
At $2000 for the iPad Pro 13", they should have an event! Just kidding, seldom watch the events anyway. Just bring on the hardware!

Fraserpatty

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2015
and I don’t want to wait for the mini. I think it should come out very soon to get rid of the jelly scroll debacle unfortunately, Apple doesn’t care what I think.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.