no expose with Miagic Mouse?

zoran

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Is there a gesture in the magic mouse that can do the Epose All Windows option?

zoran

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
so say i can put a gesture with 5 fingers for expose? can it do that sort of thing?

playalistic

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2007
Surrey, UK
Yeah best thing to do is download it and see. It can do no harm. I've been using it for a few weeks on 3 different macs. No problems here.

chrono1081

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Ive been using BTT for a while and I love it.

The earlier versions were a bit rough but the ones out now are excellent and they update all the time.

I use it to add expose w/ three finger tap or as a third button when working in Maya.

MooneyFlyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2007
Boston
so say i can put a gesture with 5 fingers for expose? can it do that sort of thing?
I don't think you can do a 5 finger swipe but you can do 3 fingers... or "whole hand on mouse" or some other stuff like that.. Works well, frequent updates.

YMark

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2008
Arizona
I've been using BTT for a couple of weeks, ever since I got my Magic Mouse. In fact, BTT is the reason I decided to get the MM.

The only real quirk I've found is that if you use fast user switching, BTT locks up your computer. So, it is a single user application.

MooneyFlyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2007
Boston
I've been using BTT for a couple of weeks, ever since I got my Magic Mouse. In fact, BTT is the reason I decided to get the MM.

The only real quirk I've found is that if you use fast user switching, BTT locks up your computer. So, it is a single user application.
I'm not having that problem -- at least I haven't seen it. Is it if you have fast user switching available or if you actually switch users? (I'm wondering if I've switched users since I've installed BTT :confused: and hesitant to do it now!)

YMark

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2008
Arizona
I'm not having that problem -- at least I haven't seen it. Is it if you have fast user switching available or if you actually switch users? (I'm wondering if I've switched users since I've installed BTT :confused: and hesitant to do it now!)
It happens if you actually switch users. And it doesn't happen immediately. It happens after maybe 10 minutes of use. Be prepared to do a power cycle to recover. Sleep doesn't recover.

CristobalHuet

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2008
Montreal
BTT is as stable as it goes now, a lot of the bugs are being ironed out and a new version is coming tomorrow with the ability to add modifier keys! :D

MMM.PWR

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2009
Milwaukee
How IS the Magic Mouse? I'm looking for a mouse for working with Photoshop (so it has to be extremely accurate), what do you guys suggest?

glavoie84

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2009
Just got a Magic Mouse and I installed BetterTouchTool. I just love this application! It's something that should have been provided directly by Apple...

My config:
3 fingers swipe down: Expose
3 fingers swipe up: Desktop

Both to gimmick the 4 fingers swipe up and down of the MultiTouch trackpad.

3 fingers tap: Dashboard
3 fingers click: Cmd-Click so I can open a new tabs with links in FireFox.

It's enough for now! ;)

zoran

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Yeah i dont understand why you have to go thru a third party developer to get something that Apple can easily do.
Well if Apple did everything what would all the other 3rd party developers do? Become burglars? :D