Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sammich

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
Hey all,

I installed 10.6.7 as soon as I heard the news this morning. Thinking that nothing could go wrong as I haven't had any problems that people have posted about.

Anyway, I've been using a Griffin Video Display Converter perfectly under the 10.6.6 that came with my Early 2011 15" 2.2 MBP. After the update, plugging in the cable changes the display as normal, but the external screen (Samsung P2350) doesn't pick it up and stays blank. VNC confirms that extended mode is indeed on.

I'm going to go through the paces (reset PRAM/SMC etc) to see if anything will help.

Anyone else having problems with third-party display connectors?

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
Anyone else having problems with third-party display connectors?

identical converter here, similar story with my 2009 i7 iMac, was running 10.6.5 fine - then attempted to upgrade to 10.6.6 and then the issues started identically to the way you described them.

maybe apple has changed something slightly that drops support for this converter?

incongruity

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
Sorry to hear it. For whatever it's worth, my monoprice.com miniDP to DVI adapter works fine after the update. I can check their miniDP to HDMI adapter, but I haven't even opened the package on that one yet.

tasslehawf

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2003
Austin, TX
I was disappointed to note that the software update didn't fix the problem some of us are having with our Dell U2410 displays connected over mini Displayport to Displayport cables.

However, I'm still doing fine with an Apple mDP to DVI adaptor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.