No Facebook app???

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by rossy100, Apr 24, 2015.

1. rossy100 macrumors 6502

Seems odd that they haven't launched - would imagine it to be one of the most in demand!

2. tgwaste macrumors 6502a

tgwaste

yep and especially since there was a Facebook app update this morning but no mention of watch support.

3. IamDave macrumors regular

IamDave

4. mrcub63 macrumors newbie

Yeah really, FB should of been one of the first

5. tgwaste macrumors 6502a

tgwaste

zuck couldn't figure out how to fill the wall on the watch with crap.

6. jaeb0922 macrumors 6502

jaeb0922

Messenger works on the watch though! Makes it even a little more crazy!

7. shandyman Suspended

you can reply? Messenger only gives notifications for me.

8. MrLoL macrumors 6502

MrLoL

The watch just brings up all the notifications that appears on your phone. If an app on your phone doesn't have a watch app, it doesn't necessary means that the notifications wont appear on your watch. It's pretty much normal that Messenger appears since it sends notifications, just like Facebook app when you receive a friend request.

9. shandyman Suspended

That's what happens to me. I thought the person I quoted was claiming it did more.

10. jaeb0922 macrumors 6502

jaeb0922

eh, to be honest I am not sure if I did! I dont think so now that you bring that up! :eek:

11. shandyman Suspended

That's what I thought, it was probably just the standard notification.

12. mattburley7 macrumors 68030

interesting there is no facebook app for apple watch when majority of apps have been updated already to support the device. laziness on facebooks part.

i would like to be able to do a status update right from my wrist instead of having to get out the iphone.

13. TMW macrumors newbie

TMW

So far, this has been the worst part of my Apple Watch experience. A large portion of my notifications are Facebook/Messenger related for dealing with my band and other bands that I work with promoting. It's nice to SEE the notification, but being able to view/reply would make my watch more useful to me. I really hope Facebook (or even a 3rd party) would work on this faster.

14. chfilm macrumors 68000

chfilm

same here, facebook and whatsapp need apps on the watch ASAP. so annoying receiving a notification and not being able to respond. Ruins the whole experience :D

15. SteveSparks macrumors 6502a

SteveSparks

The lack of an App is because Facebook and What's up are not really Pro-Apple. The lack of a Facebook app is an acknowledgment that a Facebook App would help the sale of the watch. Facebook does not want people to invest in the IOS eco system, they prefer Android or nothing.

This is the same thing that happened with IOS. Facebook was not on IOS for a long time until lots of counterfeit Facebook apps forced them to move into IOS.

I'm betting against Facebook on IOS until Apple begs them and offers them cash.

16. marmiteturkey macrumors 6502a

marmiteturkey

Facebook have very active app update schedules, but they are always really slow to add key features and adopt new devices. I was astonished that they were so quick in updating to the 6/6+ screen sizes; I'm not surprised that they are not in the first wave of watch apps, though I agree that they really need to be up there.

17. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

Facebook doesn't need a watch app, they just need to take advantage of iOS 8's interactive notifications feature as these automatically work on the Watch as well. If Facebook hasn't done it yes, who knows if/when they ever will -- maybe in time for iOS 9.

A glance would be useful for seeing new posts that you weren't notified about and an App would be useful for viewing your feed without opening the app.

18. nienque macrumors member

This. Why would they allow you to answer messages and leave comments on your watch, when they can serve you ads on their mobile app or website instead?

19. TMW macrumors newbie

TMW

20. shandyman Suspended

21. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

Sadly, this is probably more accurate than not.

22. chris-jenkins macrumors newbie

Cant imagine it won't be too long, would be pretty neat! But will probably drain the battery insanely quick!

23. thelubin macrumors newbie