No Facebook Notifications, Help?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Master Talon, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Master Talon, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

Master Talon macrumors newbie

Ever since I updated my Facebook app to 4.0.2, I haven't been able to receive notifications. All the switches in Settings > Notifications are set to 'on', but still no notifications. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum...

2. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Try going into setting and Facebook at the bottom on your IPhone. Also as you have installed a new Facebook version try the notification part in the IPhone settings and see if all is turned on!

3. joesploggs macrumors regular

Did you get this sorted? I can't get notifications for facebook working either - have tried disabling/re-enabling them under Settings | Notifications and also under Settings | Facebook | Push Notifications.

Also tried restarting iPhone 4 and downloaded the latest Facebook app update - 4.0.2.

4. Master Talon thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah they're all turned on and I have it set to 'banners'. But they don't appear when i get a notification and they don't appear in the notification center. It was fine up until the new update.

I was reading the reviews on the App Store and a few people have reported the same problem.

5. Master Talon thread starter macrumors newbie

6. paulcdb macrumors regular

Yes, click and hold the Facebook icon until starts flashing, then click the "X" in the corner and selecting yes in the popup.
    Then, open AppStore and type in search "Google+" and click install.
    Finally, enjoy working notifications ;)

7. evotoiphone macrumors regular

LOL Good one :)

8. riguitargod macrumors newbie

riguitargod

I did that, and I still get no notifications.

Oh wait, that's because nobody's using Google+.

9. paulcdb macrumors regular

And? You know, I've had more fun on google+ than I've had on Facebook even though hardly any of my Facebook friends are on there.

The app has a nearby section where you can chat to anyone posting publicly around you... Beats facebook's 'spam everyone's wall with junk' feature!

10. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

You should try to delete the app, The re-download. It may be a bug with the newest version.

I havn't had a problem, Though.

11. Petoz macrumors 6502

Petoz

I'm having this problem too. Removed Facebook and re-installed. Nothing seems to be working.

Any other suggestions? Anyone else with the same issue?

12. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I remember when I had issue that I didnt feel like doing this....but the few times I did...it fixed my issue

Try delete & reinstall