no facebook push notifications after 7.0.3

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by fruu, Oct 28, 2013.

1. fruu macrumors newbie

Mar 5, 2013
    After updaring to 7.0.3 I stopped receiving Facebook notifications. Before that all was seamless, now even though I have the right settings in the Notification Centre it doesn't change a thing. I've tried reinstalling the app and even restoring whole iPhone from iTunes backup; all to no avail. Other apps like gmail, mailbox, messages etc seem to be working fine... Am i missing something?
  2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Oct 17, 2011
    Have you checked the push settings in Facebook app itself? Perhaps tried turning them off/on there? Signing in and out of Facebook completely in iOS itself?
  3. evotoiphone macrumors regular

Oct 7, 2011
    I am getting Facebook push notifications for everything except messages.
  4. antony617 macrumors newbie

Jul 11, 2008
    Same case here... reinstalled Facebook app , sign-out/in and even tired restore the phone...still getting no push notifications for messages.:(
  5. fruu thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 5, 2013
    Yep, I tried all that. Turning FB notifications on/off was the first thing I did. Rebooting the device countless times now, logging in and out AppleID. Restore didn't help as well. I'm kind of hopeless now... It's really frustrating, because if there's one thing I want from facebook it's messages hah, really annoying!
    Have somebody solved the issue yet? :< Maybe I should write to Facebook, maybe it's something on their side? However I doubt it, because it literally started to be a problem after I updates my iOS...
  6. Beefburga macrumors 6502

Aug 4, 2009
    FaceBook Notifications

Strange, I'm getting the notification badges but no notification sound.
  7. fruu, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013

fruu thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 5, 2013
    So you're halfway there! :D

No, but seriously. I can't seem to find many people having this exact problem, and somehow all fixes I've tried out so far didn't work.

update: I didn't get notifications for two text messages as well o_O. Up to now this was not an issue.
  8. Dhaddad12 macrumors newbie

Nov 2, 2013
    Same ******** is happening to me with iMessage.
  9. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Dec 2, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Is do not disturb on?
  10. antony617 macrumors newbie

Jul 11, 2008
    seems the problem is fixed, maybe it's facebook side problem