no facebook push notifications after 7.0.3

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by fruu, Oct 28, 2013.

1. fruu macrumors newbie

fruu

After updaring to 7.0.3 I stopped receiving Facebook notifications. Before that all was seamless, now even though I have the right settings in the Notification Centre it doesn't change a thing. I've tried reinstalling the app and even restoring whole iPhone from iTunes backup; all to no avail. Other apps like gmail, mailbox, messages etc seem to be working fine... Am i missing something?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Have you checked the push settings in Facebook app itself? Perhaps tried turning them off/on there? Signing in and out of Facebook completely in iOS itself?

3. evotoiphone macrumors regular

I am getting Facebook push notifications for everything except messages.

4. antony617 macrumors newbie

Same case here... reinstalled Facebook app , sign-out/in and even tired restore the phone...still getting no push notifications for messages.:(

5. fruu thread starter macrumors newbie

fruu

Yep, I tried all that. Turning FB notifications on/off was the first thing I did. Rebooting the device countless times now, logging in and out AppleID. Restore didn't help as well. I'm kind of hopeless now... It's really frustrating, because if there's one thing I want from facebook it's messages hah, really annoying!
    Have somebody solved the issue yet? :< Maybe I should write to Facebook, maybe it's something on their side? However I doubt it, because it literally started to be a problem after I updates my iOS...

6. Beefburga macrumors regular

Beefburga

FaceBook Notifications

Strange, I'm getting the notification badges but no notification sound.

7. fruu, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013

fruu thread starter macrumors newbie

fruu

So you're halfway there! :D

No, but seriously. I can't seem to find many people having this exact problem, and somehow all fixes I've tried out so far didn't work.

update: I didn't get notifications for two text messages as well o_O. Up to now this was not an issue.

8. Dhaddad12 macrumors newbie

Same ******** is happening to me with iMessage.

9. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Is do not disturb on?

10. antony617 macrumors newbie

seems the problem is fixed, maybe it's facebook side problem