No Facetime Audio on Apple Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MacFinnley, Apr 30, 2015.

1. MacFinnley macrumors 6502

MacFinnley

I'm shocked! It is not possible to make facetime audio calls via Apple Watch! Why not? It is connected with the iPhone! I must pay 9 cent/minute, so I use Facetime Audio very often. It's a shame. :(

2. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

Nothing a simple firmware update won't fix in the future.

3. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

I'm sure it till come with an update.

4. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

For what it's worth, making a call with the watch is annoying anyway... Just get a Bluetooth headset:)

5. MacFinnley thread starter macrumors 6502

MacFinnley

Can you recommend one below 50€?

6. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

I'm on calls for work all day and I’ve gone through a number of Bluetooth headsets. My favorite by far is the Plantronics voyager legend. It’s $99 in the us and I’m not sure what the exchange rate is, so that may be a bit above your price range, but it’s worth paying for a good headset if you plan to use it a lot.

I’ve had no complaints about people being not being able to hear me, which has been a common complaint with other headsets. It’s got a huge battery with 8 hours of talk time too.

7. ascNYC macrumors member

This is what I use for voice and music - Sony MW600

I've been using a bluetooth setup that I've had a for a few years and it works well for music and voice calls. What I love most about the Sony MW600 is that it can pair to up to three devices (iPhone, Watch and iPad) and while it comes with a nice short set of in-ear headphones it allows you to use any pair you might already have. For the gym I use a pair of cheaper "sport" headphones that wrap around my ear. For more critical listening I use my Etymotic IEMs and for basic all around use I plug in the ones it comes with or my Apple EarPods.

A few other benefits are: 11 hrs of talk time, a built in FM radio, small clip on footprint, micro USB rechargeable, call, Siri and music control from the remote, digital read out on the remote display, comes in white and black, good volume and decent sound for music.

I've tested with my Apple Watch and it works well regardless if it's via music stored on my phone or music stored directly on my Watch.

Finally for around $50 it's not that big of an investment.

http://www.amazon.com/Ericsson-Hi-F...sim_cps_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1KPH7WSN3K3PD0BWHQ23

-ac