No FaceTime

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Miwealia, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Miwealia macrumors newbie

My sister is traveling overseas and would like to communicate with family. I told her she should use FaceTime, and her response was "face-what?"

Her ipad mini, purchased new this past summer, doesn't have FaceTime!

I did some online research and discovered that since FaceTime comes pre-installed, it isn't available for download on the Apple Store. Is there any way for her to download it other than reset her ipad, since she didn't bring her computer with her?

2. Bear macrumors G3

Is FaceTime turned off in Restrictions? (Settings->General->Restrictions) If so, then the FaceTime app doesn't display on the device and all that needs to be done is change the restriction and configure FaceTime.

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

FaceTime isn't available in all regions. Id check local restrictions.

4. The Oak macrumors newbie

FaceTime depends A LOT on the local carrier too. For example, in the US, I am on AT&T's GoPhone which does NOT allow FaceTime over cellular. If I pay $40 more per month (gasp), I could move to "real" AT&T which allows FaceTime over cellular.

WiFi however, I can FaceTime.

I was on T-Mobile for the same price as GoPhone ... and T-Mobile allowed FaceTime over cellular, so I was surprised I could not do it when I moved to GoPhone. The only reason why I switched is with T-Mobile I could not get the coverage I needed.