No flash for new iPad 3 camera.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by phillyred79, Mar 7, 2012.

1. phillyred79 macrumors regular

Anyone else a little disappointed? I mean 5mp is great, but to take advantage of that I would think an led flash would compliment it nicely.

2. LJ50 macrumors member

Not disappointed in the slightest.

Actually, that's not true. I am disappointed they wasted any time and resource updating the rear-facing camera as it is almost entirely useless on a device of the iPad's form factor. Money would have been better spent upgrading the front-facing camera.

Can you imagine how poor Facetime is going to look on a high resolution screen?

3. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

This.

I guess people take pictures of documents and whatnot and import or convert them into pdfs. But to walk around the park or beach with an iPad taking pictures seems a little silly.

4. phillyred79 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, facetime would def benefit from a better front-facing camera.

5. Lindenhurst macrumors 6502a

They held back the camera flash with the 8mp camera for the next iPad. Gotta give the people a reason to upgrade.

Same goes for Siri. 1/2 Siri now and the rest next year.

6. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Almost being the operative word. It is a God send to read barcodes for my DVD Profiler app.... :cool:

7. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

no way. there is no one on earth i'd want to torture by viewing me in HD. the fuzzier the FaceTime camera, the better.

8. LJ50 macrumors member

Fair point. I revise my statement. A higher resolution rear-facing camera is entirely useless.

9. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Scanning documents is also a pretty good application. Submitting expense reports is a breeze for me these days. Full page scans are a bit trickier, but work.