Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

orpheus1120

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2008
Malaysia
Yes OP, you are right. The MBA like the iDevices simply couldn't run flash properly. Their genetic makeup simply don't allow cross pollination. Together with 10.7 and the Mac App Store, Apple has strengthen its hold for its vision a pure breed nation. So I strongly agree with you.

So, please allow us to brave the unknown frontier for you. Let us suffer the torment of 9-sec bootup time, sleek unibody aluminum orgies, and manual flash download. In sickness or in happiness we are willing to sacrifice our time for you in this exquisite agony while you dabble along the path of Lord O' Mighty Ballmer. We live to serve under your mission control. Mission what? That's blasphemy. :eek:

zodqyv

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2010
You need a 12-core Mac Pro to use Flash. Didn't you guys get the memo?

True. And even then you should sandbox your operating system to protect your hardware from melting down should the beast get out of control.

NotAHater

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2010
What I'm not following is why anyone would really want to use Flash in this day and age. Really I don't even bother to install it anymore, with the advent of HTML5 and AJAX application it's unnecessary and antiquated. I don't thin Flash support should influence anybodies purchasing decisions, but YMMV.

PhoneI

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2008
This is perhaps the strangest thread, and proof people will complain about anything.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I highly doubt that OP will ever use more than 20% of the CPUs power.
Unless he plays a Flash video.

"At long, long last, the Macbook Air has been updated. But if you were hoping for enough CPU muscle in the new models to keep a bunch of Flash-addled webpages from bringing the entire portable to its knees, then you're going to be sorely disappointed—the Core 2 Duo is still with us in the new models. In fact, the 11" Macbook Air actually trails its predecessor in clockspeed, while the 13" model hasn't changed at all."

The intro paragraph eliminates any credibility the rest of the article had. I have an original 2.4 unibody and it handles everything and more like a champ. I have yet to meet a flash heavy site that did anything to that machine. In fact it will render 200MB flash flies which bring every high performance Win 7 system we've tried it on to their knees.

bouncer1

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2010
For everyone jumping on the op, cut him some slack. He is unreal, but he's just an average user, I take more issue with arn who's plastered the front page with misleading alarmist information about the pre-installation of flash, when he damn well knows (and even admits so too) that most windows installs and all linux installs don't come with flash pre-inlcuded.

I pointed that out to him and slivka yet they 've refused to take it down or put it on page two.

Thats dishonest, alarmist, and needlessly misleading for not tech oriented people (let alone that it prolongs a tired flash "discussion" whilst there is so much new to mac to talk about) and I don't blame the op for suffering this confusion with all the rubbish that gets posted these days on the net, including arse technica, but I wouldn't expect more from these guys, not when it comes to honest reporting of mac news anyway, but from mr? You bet I expect more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.