Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applelost

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2013
Frustrated. Attempting to drag a video file onto my Kindle. According to most tutorials (such as this one
) the folders should be displayed when I click on the kindle icon which appears on my desktop. But this is my lucky day, and no folders show up (screenshot attached).

Thus far I have reset factory setting on Kindle to no avail.
I've also tried Library on the Go menu but I don't think I can navigate to external device folders from it, at least nothing showed up differently. Any suggestions would be fantastic, thanks!

p.s. yeah yeah I know I should have sprung for an iPad but at $50 this will have to do in the short term

Attachments

• my screenshot.png
    my screenshot.png
    93.6 KB · Views: 68

chagla

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2008
Frustrated. Attempting to drag a video file onto my Kindle. According to most tutorials (such as this one
) the folders should be displayed when I click on the kindle icon which appears on my desktop. But this is my lucky day, and no folders show up (screenshot attached).

Thus far I have reset factory setting on Kindle to no avail.
I've also tried Library on the Go menu but I don't think I can navigate to external device folders from it, at least nothing showed up differently. Any suggestions would be fantastic, thanks!

p.s. yeah yeah I know I should have sprung for an iPad but at $50 this will have to do in the short term

Install Airdroid app on your Kindle. Connect to wifi and open Airdroid. you can do all of your file/folder transfer without wires.

USB cable transfer should work too.. Open finder and see if you are able to browse the file system of Kindle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.