No "forget this network" option on some networks

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by -C-, Oct 28, 2012.

1. -C- macrumors member

I can forget my home network on IOS 6, iPhone 5, so I know it exists...

One time I was killing time at the local Starbucks and signed onto their network called ATT wifi - then you have to check the agree box in Safari to use it. Now every time I go to Starbucks my iphone locks onto their wifi and I can't receive anything for the few minutes I'm there unless I -> go to safari -> check "I agree" -> press "continue" -> etc...

There is absolutely no option to "forget this network" under wifi settings for this network. I want it gone, any ideas?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

3. -C- thread starter macrumors member

That is correct - do you think they baked the "ATT Hot Spot" networks into ATT iphones?

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It is. In the AT&T carrier bundle there is a list of networks and their configurations. This list of networks includes the Starbucks AT&T WiFi. It cannot be forgotten once added as long as that iPhone has an AT&T SIM card in it.

5. -C- thread starter macrumors member

That makes sense.

IIRC there is a on/off toggle to ask before joining that specific network (don't see that in any of my other netwok options). Maybe next time it'll let me say NO if I toggle it on. Annoying.

Thanks a lot for your help, very much appreciated.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I noticed that too.
    It kinda sucks when those networks autojoin and you cannot "forget" them and are stuck with 0.3mbps internet with them:)
    Gotta go and turn off wifi.