No Front Mount Camera/No Video Conferencing =(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by impact_blue, Jun 9, 2008.

1. impact_blue macrumors regular

Anyone disappointed? There's no one to blame but the community for hyping it up =P

2. TexasAg macrumors member

And Apple, since other phones have a front-mounted camera. This and no 32GB makes it a no-go for me.

3. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Well there is a 3rd thing in the top of the iPhone that wasn't talked about. He would of mentioned it at WWDC, but you never know..

4. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

Disappointed, a bit... but not about video conferencing. Could care less. But still no video at all? Lame. No better camera at all. Lame. No 32 Gig. Lame. No sale here.

5. El Magnificante macrumors member

At least iPhone 3G is faster than N95 3G ...

ROFL :apple:

6. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

I told you guys.

Having videoconferencing is huge. It would require a significant investment from US carriers, and I bet alot of rumbling for it to even get off the ground. It also needs a few companies willing to brave the waters.

7. joseph2166 macrumors 6502

What exactly were you planning on videoing?

8. witchdrash macrumors member

Nope, had phones with this capability it's useless.

9. spriter macrumors 65816

spriter

I didn't get my hope up but feel disappointed at the lack of a camera update. Autofocus and maybe even a flash would go a long way, as would a bump to 3.2mp.

I guess these things need space and Apple have the form factor set in stone. Just not enough room... yet.

edit to say I'm a iPhone owner and love it, and currently have no real reason to upgrade. For non-iPhone owners, it's a huge opportunity for them now the price has been slashed. It will sell like crazy.

10. frosse macrumors 6502a

11. glide macrumors regular

Extremely. That was really my only reason for upgrading.

I don't feel the need to buy a new phone when all I'm getting hardware-wise is 3G+GPS.

Edge is suitable and location based mapping is good enough. All the new software solutions are fantastic but I can download those on my existing handset. New iPhone owners will be pleased with the low price point; but I can see existing owners hanging on to what they have...

12. earnjam macrumors 6502a

earnjam

No one would have used it and it would have just bumped up the price. That's why they didn't include it. (I realize that is a general statement, but I mean a very small percentage of users)

13. ElBerserko macrumors member

I don't know why everyone is surprised. There was never any credible rumors about a front facing camera. It was all completely fabricated by the rumors community. Someone said, "Wouldn't it be cool if..." and over time many people took it as fact.

14. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

All you people would be moaning about how the battery only lasts one hour "barely enough time to have a decent conversation!" with 3G + video conferencing + GPS.

15. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

I'm happy with the update. I'll be getting a 16GB on launch day just like I got a 8GB on launch day.

Hopefully I can sell this one for close to retail next year when new ones come out :)

16. Bosox3 macrumors regular

Bosox3

I didnt see a real use for the front camera anyway.
    video conf. through the phone..umm I'll pass.

maybe something my little sister wouldve liked. but Id no use for that.