no full backup?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gwinanthony1985, Jul 21, 2010.

1. gwinanthony1985 macrumors member

My story

i just bought a macbook pro so i want to transfer the iphone backup from my old PC to new Mac.

tried to copy the backup from PC and paste it to the backup folder on Mac but it wasn't successful.

when I copied the files from PC not everything was copied.
    i got around 6GB of data in the backup folder in PC and i can only copy around 2GB of them.

definitely my backup is not fully copied from PC to Mac.

what can I do to get everything on MAC?

Thanks in advance!

2. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Did you authorize the new computer to use your iTunes account? I had this problem the other night when copying a hundred or so songs from my husband's machine to mine. Some 20 songs would copy over until he'd "authorized" the new machine with his password. After that, we had no trouble.

My guess is that the rest of the music I moved was burnt from CD originally or otherwise obtained without DRM restrictions, so it copied over fine. But that's simply a guess.

3. gwinanthony1985 thread starter macrumors member

i have authorized my new mac. there was less than 100 songs on my phone when i did backup so it is very unlikely the uncopied data are all songs.

Thanks for your guess anyway =)

4. gwinanthony1985 thread starter macrumors member