no full refund but can I get it exchanged?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macswitcha2, Aug 10, 2010.

1. macswitcha2 macrumors 65816

I was under the impression that the 30 day money back guarantee was from the moment Jobs announced it during the antenna conference. If they will not refund it, at least exchange it to see if the other one works better since there are some who claim theirs work perfect.

In your experience with Apple costumer service, would they understand what I'm saying and offer me another one?

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Unless it has a specific defect, they're not going to swap it out.

3. youngmac macrumors regular

30 day from purchase. when did you buy it?
    JayLenochiniMac is right.

4. macswitcha2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Antenna? Drop calls? Internet page load up lingering?

on launch day. Since then waiting on Apple to officially address the defect. Been holding out for the cases but it's more than antenna for me.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Mentioning the antenna won't fly (as Apple has claimed there's no antenna defect), but excessive dropped calls can be a real defect. My suggestion would be to take it to the Genius bar and they can run a test to determine whether there's a problem with excessive dropped calls unrelated to the antenna.

Don't restore as a new phone before you go there though or you'll lose the data.

6. youngmac macrumors regular

what i think is iphone 4 antenna doesn't have problem. it's just maybe sensitive. people in strong signal area are not having this problem and they are even getting better signal, call quality than previous iphone.
    i'm sure when you go to the apple store you will have strong signal and no drop calls, if not your iphone is defective.

anyway good luck getting an exchange. I think they will exchange it.

7. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Yes, because your phone is unique in that regard. :rolleyes:

If you're having dropped calls you need to either use a case (if you're not using one already) or get a femtocell. If you were dissatisfied before you should have returned the phone. Apple has already addressed the issue to the extent that they're going to.