No Games

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hooplehead, Jul 20, 2008.

1. hooplehead macrumors member

So I work and live in South Korea, and for some reason I can only buy apps that are in the "South Korean Store." And well, there are NO games in the South Korean app store. Everything BTW is in English, so why would they have a different store in the first place, and secondly, why would they not have games?

If anything, apple should take productivity tools away, not games. Koreans are nuts over gaming. Why on earth wouldn't they have games in the Korean (English language) app store?

I'm kinda pissed I have to use the Korean iTunes store in the first place, as the functionality and content is way way way inferior to the US itunes store. It's as if apple hasn't a clue that expats that may be working in Uzbekistan or wherever, may not want to be forced to shopping Uzbekistani options.

Argh.

2. edChrono macrumors newbie

3. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

It is the same for Canadians, and I think every other country. It might be because of laws that govern your countries, but I doubt that. Still, it makes no sense for Apple to withhold potentially profitable apps from you... I don't know... :confused:

4. muldul macrumors 6502

Sorry for you, why don't you buy an itunes gift card off of ebay and use that to set up a US or UK account

5. epicwelshman macrumors 6502a

epicwelshman

Are you sure? I have a Canadian iTunes account and I'm able to buy games with no problem. As far as I'm aware Canada DEFINITELY has the full range of apps.

6. hooplehead thread starter macrumors member

This sucks. Why on God's green earth would they not allow games to be purchased from the country I live in? Keep in mind I am an ex-pat and want the games in English, not Korean. How unsophisticated can Apple be to not realize there are ex-pats in the world?

Screw this. Might as well get a Nokia and PSP2.

7. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Same reason Koreans have access to games for the Samsung P2, and US residents don't. Home country preferential treatment?

8. aethelbert macrumors 601

The reason that you're not getting as many choices on the app store is not Apple's fault. When a developer submits the app, they get to choose which countries it will be made available in. You could probably learn more as to why a specific app isn't available in your country's store by contacting the developer directly. I'm sure that they would be more helpful and knowledgeable than Apple's iTunes support any day.

9. hooplehead thread starter macrumors member

Not a single game developer wants to offer their work globally? These guys must really hate money. :rolleyes: