No Gestures for history in iTunes Store or Mac App Store

mikkelhorsbol

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2009
There does not seem to be any gestures for going back and forth in history in either Mac App Store or iTunes Store...? The two-finger swipe does nothing and three-finger swipe switch "space"...

maverick808

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2004
Scotland
If you set "Swipe between pages" to in the "More gestures" section of the Trackpad preference pane to use three-fingers then you can swipe back/forward in the app store and many other apps.

You can set spaces to switch with four-fingers.

Comment

mikkelhorsbol

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2009
If you set "Swipe between pages" to in the "More gestures" section of the Trackpad preference pane to use three-fingers then you can swipe back/forward in the app store and many other apps.

You can set spaces to switch with four-fingers.
Yes, this works with the Mac App Store but not with the iTunes Store... And by doing this, I also lose the nifty animation in Safari when swiping to go back and forth in history (which I really like). It then does as with Snow Leopard and simply blinks before it displays either the previous or next page...

Comment

maverick808

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2004
Scotland
Yes, this works with the Mac App Store but not with the iTunes Store... And by doing this, I also lose the nifty animation in Safari when swiping to go back and forth in history (which I really like). It then does as with Snow Leopard and simply blinks before it displays either the previous or next page...
Just checked and three-finger swiping seems to go back/forward in iTunes store fine here. I am using iTunes 10.5 Beta 3 though.

Comment

mikkelhorsbol

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2009
It must be because you're running the beta then, since it definitely doesn't work here...

Comment

wsw1217

macrumors member
May 21, 2012
There does not seem to be any gestures for going back and forth in history in either Mac App Store or iTunes Store...? The two-finger swipe does nothing and three-finger swipe switch "space"...
This works in the Mountain Lion

Comment

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
single finger swipe (like safari) works in iTunes store...I use it every time I go on there. There is no animated page back, but it will go to the previous page.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.