No Gold/Navy Combo Available?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Virgo, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Virgo macrumors 6502a

Virgo

I’ve been waiting to buy an Apple Watch and I really liked the look of the gold watch with navy blue straps. I don’t see it as an option for the series 3. Would the only option be to spend the $50 and get the strap separate, or does Apple let you customize which strap you would like when you buy?

2. Leica Dad Suspended

Leica Dad

You can buy 3rd party bands for cheap on amazon, and quality wise is hit or miss, the good thing is you can always return.

Apple used to offer band swap service. If you purchased from Apple.com, in the return section you will find they say something like "if you want to switch the band with something they offer, call 1800myapple". I believe you have to contact them within two weeks of purchase.

3. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

Apple periodically makes changes to the Watch and Band configurations that they sell, since they are constantly introducing new colors and materials throughout new seasons. You would therefore have to purchase that band separately. Apple currently offers the Blue Cobalt as well as the Midnight Blue sport band. I believe the Midnight Blue was the shade that Apple originally paired with the gold aluminum Apple Watch.

As another poster mentioned, you can purchase third party sport bands from Amazon from other retailers that are much cheaper, although just keep in mind that they may not be of the same quality. I’ve purchased one third party sport band, and for general purposes it looks very similar, so I decided it was worth the quality difference since it was so much less expensive.

The third party bands usually will not be the same hue of color that the first party bands are, but they may be very similar. Apple also uses fluoroelastomer as opposed to silicone, so their bands are much softer and more resistant to smudges, dirt, lint etc.

4. deany macrumors 68030

deany

Check out aliexpress my friend, most alliterations are there.

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I know the chances are this are highly unlikely, but I would like to see Apple allow to customize the Apple Watch with what band you want prior to checkout and have an Apple Watch face store, to purchase or have access to watch faces separately. I think those two options would potentially open up huge avenues for the Apple Watch.