No Google maps (iOS) in Vietnam

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Kanunu, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Kanunu macrumors 6502

There is no Google maps for iOS in the Vietnam store. I was wondering if this was a Apple decision or a Google one. Does anyone know so that I can lodge a complaint in the proper place?

Google maps desktop is not terribly good here but Apple maps on my iPad is worse.

2. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

I would leave feedback with Google as they have to translate the app into the proper language.

3. Timua macrumors newbie

So what's your problem? Google Maps from US store (or any other location, I think so) is working well in VN (as much detail than Apple or any other maps), and I've been using it for years.

4. Kanunu thread starter macrumors 6502

Timua: How do you log in to the US store? If you were previously in the US and are very careful never to change credit card or anything else that affects your account then you can maybe keep buying and updating for a while. I did for about 6 months until I made the mistake of trying to change credit cards. Once Apple figures out that you are in VN it will force you into the VN store. I have tried using a VPN but could not get in that way either although I may try again when I have enough time to do it properly. Otherwise I am stuck in the VN store.

There are some good things in the VN store that are not in the US store either. Too bad Apple sets things up this way.

5. madeirabhoy macrumors 6502a

i have a dummy uk account which i set up without a credit card, and i use that for any apps not in the portuguese store.

6. Timua macrumors newbie

You can use gift card instead of credit card (just select No payment method in Apple account settings), and buy then redeem your gift card for buying app.

7. Kanunu thread starter macrumors 6502

Do you buy your cards in the US or in VN. If you have a way to buy US cards here please PM me? Thanks

8. Timua macrumors newbie

You can buy gift card *code* in VN, lots of people selling it but there's a bit risk since credit card fraudulent is popular here, especially for digital goods like gift card. The best way is buying it online and often get 20% discount, then choose to ship to a friend address in US and having him email its code to you :).