No Hard Drive

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by TheG00n, Aug 27, 2008.

1. TheG00n macrumors newbie

TheG00n

I was trying to install leopard onto my mac but it didnt work because i was using an iMac installation disc and i figured that it would work but it doesnt because i found out that the discs are model specific. Anyways, so i was like alright that is fine so i figured i could go ahead and start my computer up fine but i was wrong....Whenever i start it up it doesnt even get to the log in screen and it just shuts down. I put in the Macbook installation disc and when it gets to the screen that says select a destination to install the operating system it doesnt give me a hard drive to select from....so it is basically telling me that i have no hard drive....but i know i do because i didnt take anything out of my macbook...... Any suggestions on how to fix this or what the problem is? Thanks guys

2. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

First, try to do a Disk Repair by booting from the installer DVD and then launching Disk Utility after the language selection. If that doesn't work, then you're going to have to erase and install. If there's vital info on the drive, then you'll need to try and boot in target disk mode an copy those files to another mac (unless you already have a backup). Sorry for the bad news...