No headphone sound in windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Positron1234, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Positron1234 macrumors newbie

Hi!
    I just got my first Apple Computing product today, its a macbook pro 13 inch base model.

Everything works great so far, except that there is no sound in windows 7 installed with bootcamp if i plug in a headphone, the computer speakers work. When you go to windows control panel, sound, and change the headphone sound option to default, theres no sound, and if you change it to the speaker, there is sound, but only through the laptop's internal speakers.

I have tried several drivers from realtek and intek HD sounds, so far nothing worked. I have tried tried to reinstall the reatek driver from bootcamp DVD as well as some versions online.

Thanks for any replies

2. philbagg macrumors newbie

After you installed Windows, did you insert your OSX disk to install the boot camp hardware drivers and software?

3. Positron1234 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, that and I tried several versions of the realtek HD audio drivers and the cirrus logic drivers, none of which worked.

BTW, this is 64bit windows 7

4. askywalker macrumors regular

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have a 2010 15" MBP and am having the same problem. Win7 64 bit runs great, happy with everything, including sound. But the audio out is not working from Boot Camp. Works fine from the same Windows 7 install using VMWare Fusion, and from the Mac OS.