No Home Button - PLEASE Help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by clericcodered, Oct 13, 2010.

1. clericcodered macrumors newbie

clericcodered

OK...

So i bought an iPhone 2g some time ago and it all seemed good... except for the home button and the battery. I replaced the battery and it works fine. But i also noticed that the home button ribbon cable is shredded. (I want to mangle whoever owned this thing.) So i have no home button. No biggie. mQuickDo is fine. But i was messing around and flashed to a bad custom firmware. THEN, being the moron that i am, i flashed it back... To APPLE 3.1.3... So it's on the activate screen (with emergency call.) I can get it into recovery if i run blackra1n and then yank it after it shuts off. BUT i can't enter DFU. Not even through dfu.exe (won't recognize recovery mode iPhone) and i have tried almost EVERYTHING I can think of. iTunes won't restore to anything but stock apple firmware even if it's in recovery. A BILLION thanks to whoever can help me.

Your friend in pwning,
    :apple:Fr0st

Small edit: my heart just had a little orgasm when i heard about tinyumbrella ( i really need to pay more attention to twitter) hope it will work...

nope no good

2. clericcodered thread starter macrumors newbie

clericcodered

3. clericcodered thread starter macrumors newbie

clericcodered

4. PaHtSaN macrumors regular

So your problem is that you cant activate?

5. PaHtSaN macrumors regular

I mean if thats the case you can always borrow someones At&t simcard (Im assuming the iphone is american) if you live in the states, if not you can buy one on ebay and spend a few bucks with shipping, youll have to wait a few more days ofcourse.

6. clericcodered thread starter macrumors newbie

clericcodered

no. my problem is that i don't intend to activate. it already has an at&t sim. i think i'm just gonna buy an itouch... at least then i can have my precious 4.1...