No i4 unlock for 02.10.04 + basebands

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by CZK, Mar 9, 2011.

1. CZK macrumors 6502a

MuscleNerd tweet:

"Sorry, there's no news on the i4 unlock for those who lost 01.59 (or never had it). It's taking longer than we wanted :("

[​IMG]

2. gooddeal macrumors regular

gooddeal

3. swoosh0217 macrumors 6502a

swoosh0217

And this is why unlockers should never "HIT RESTORE"!!!

4. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I'm still on 1.59.00 thanks to Tiny Umbrella, so I'm not waiting for an unlock. But can someone with technical knowledge of the unlocking process explain why finding holes for jailbreaking is so much easier than finding a baseband crash? Thanks.

5. CZK thread starter macrumors 6502a

They have the baseband crash for 02 and 03 basebands already.

Don't know why its taking this ammount of time. They clearly dont want to tell anything about it.

6. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

7. chiefpavvy macrumors 6502a

You guys crack me up.

You don't have a friggin' clue how much time and effort is invested in developing an unlock. While finding a crash in the baseband is an important FIRST STEP it is only one step in a long process. That crash has to be analyzed endlessly in another long effort to produce an exploit which takes advantage of it. Finally another long step ensues as that exploit is worked out within the general iOS framework.

Some of you simpletons seem to think the whole thing is so damn easy. Then why don't you produce the veritable unlock and get this show on the road?!

I've been a gleefully happy recipient of the Dev Team's efforts on my 3G and 3GS for years; I bought my iPhone 4 knowing full well that an unlock may NEVER be available on it. (It came restored to 4.2.1 with 3.10.01 baseband). Big deal. I'm using a prepaid AT&T SIM on the 10 cent per minute package (I rarely talk on it anyway). To be honest I'm happy just to be able to JAILBREAK the latest firmwares as that provides me far more usefulness than a carrier unlock alone would, by several magnitudes.

8. CZK thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cool starry brah.

9. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Unfortunately Planetbeing has been a key part of the unlock history for a long time. In fact no new unlock has been released since he disappeared off the scene six or seven months ago. The release at that time was for IP4 1.59 and iphone 3g and 3gs baseband 5.13.

Sherif Hashim role has always been to find the exploits and Planetbeing produced the code to make them work. Planet's twitter went quiet seven months ago and no one seems to have any idea whats up with him.

I am not counting the IPAD baseband as a new unlock since it was a workaround that reused planetbeing ultrasn0w.

10. CZK thread starter macrumors 6502a

Very good informations.

Explain A LOT of things about this.

Thanks

11. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

That's pretty much what I'm asking. What goes into making an unlock?

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yep, sorry for u dude:)

13. BlindSoul macrumors 6502

The only thing we can do is to keep supporting and cheering up whose left (MuscleNerd). Cause as you guys just heard on replys from before.
    It's seriously not that simple and incase we want it to really happen we must make sure no one else leaves the Dev-team, else we'll never be available to unlock our iPhones. :(

14. StructAural, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011

StructAural macrumors regular

My 02.10.04 iPhone 4 is unlocked.

My carrier did it for free, I've only had this phone for 8 months.

(I'm JB'd though, that's much more useful to me).

15. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Good for you Dutchie :p Now if everyone just moved to BNL all problems would go away - no wait.... they have to buy new iPhones as well. Darn =/

16. BlindSoul macrumors 6502

What's your carrier? And what did you tell them that they've done it for free?

17. StructAural macrumors regular

T-mobile Netherlands. They do it as a matter of course, all iPhones. I'm not sure if it's due to a law or just good business service: they sold the phones and the contracts why shouldn't you be able to do what you like with the phone?

Also they lost exclusivity to Vodaphone so are probably keeping their existing customers sweet as T-mobile have the worst 3G network...

18. BlindSoul macrumors 6502

Did you mention it's of AT&T to your carrier?

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, nobody can unlock a US AT&T iPhone.

20. StructAural macrumors regular

21. BlindSoul macrumors 6502

I know and i'm also not from the US so i don't care about Verzion , AT&T , T-MOBILE or whatever... I bought my iPhone 4 on America just because it's $350 cheaper than where i live...

Anyways, I asked because I went to my carrier and I asked them if they unlock iPhones 4. At first they said they do and then when i mentioned I bought it from AT&T they said they don't because it's against their interest so yeah...
    I wonder if they can notice i bought it from AT&T if I tell them i didn't.