No iCloud email address

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Vundu, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

I have an icloud account but no @icloud email address. My icloud/appleid is my outlook email address currently.

How do i create an icloud email address?

Apples site says turn on email in your icloud settings to create one, email is already turned on. If i turn it off and on again nothing happens.

Thsnks in advance.

2. Vundu thread starter macrumors 65816

Vundu

Yeah tried that but does not give me option to create one.

Thanks anyway. May have to call Apple to take a look.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Since you have an iCloud account that is another email address, you need to create a new iCloud account that will be based on an iCloud account.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I don't think you can create a iCloud email address after the fact when your original account name is another email address.

4. Bruno09 macrumors 68020

What do you see when you go to System Preferences / iCloud / Accounts details / Apple ID ?

To Maflynn : yes you can create an iCloud email address after having created an iCloud account using your Apple ID email address : I did so.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If its anything like my wife's I'd say its probably his outlook email address.

6. Bruno09 macrumors 68020

Yes sure, same for me.

But this :
    makes me think that maybe he already created an iCloud email address, then forgot it.

If I were right, in System Preferences / iCloud / Accounts details / Apple ID he would see both Outlook and iCloud addresses.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

It would have to be an auto-generated one. For example, I have johnsmith @ mydomain.com Odds are there's already a johnsmith @ iCloud.com. Tbh,in setting up my wife's iCloud, she was never presented with any sort of iCloud email address if memory serves me.

8. illusionx macrumors 6502

You don't need to have your Apple ID the same as your email.

My Apple ID is an outlook address and it asked me to create my iCloud email when I turned it on for the first time.

If it doesn't, that's means it's already created. You can to go mail and look for iCloud. Send yourself an email to find out what is your alias.
    Actually, the From field will tell you what is your email when you create new email...

9. Bruno09 macrumors 68020

In System Preferences / iCloud / Accounts details / Apple ID, I see 2 emails addresses :

- my Apple ID : name @ isp.com

and the iCloud address I created : other_name @ icloud.com

This iCloud was not auto-generated : I created it myself.

10. Vundu thread starter macrumors 65816

Vundu

I only have the one outlook one, no icloud email.

It is acting as if one was created but i do not remember it doing and it is not listed anywhere.

11. illusionx macrumors 6502

No iCloud email address

You should see an advanced section at the bottom of the icloud preference.
    Click on mail and you should be able to assign your @icloud or @me if it's not already done.

[​IMG]

12. Vundu thread starter macrumors 65816

Vundu

Yes one is listed there :D Never noticed that advanced section at the bottom.

Thanks your a star ;)