No iCloud Mail Access

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by MpShannon, Aug 2, 2011.

1. MpShannon macrumors newbie

Jun 19, 2011
    My expired MobileMe account will not connect to the iCloud mail servers, but I can log in to iCloud. I have never been able to access mail on that account, but on other iCloud accounts that made on iOS 5 work. Does anybody else have this problem or know a solution?
  2. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

Mar 6, 2007
    ive tried the same thing, and it aint working, icloud all set up says mail is on but its not !!!!!!
  3. shandyman Suspended

Apr 24, 2010
    Dublin, Ireland
    it's still in beta, you'll probably have to wait until launch. It took a while for expired mobileme accounts to even allowed to log in.
  4. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

Jul 15, 2010
    Cheshire, UK
    You need an Apple ID to sign into beta iCloud. Apple have said in no uncertain terms you can't use an Apple ID that is a address to set up iCloud at the moment. Maybe something to do with why you can't use the mail server, who knows?
  5. rtolboom macrumors member

Nov 16, 2009
    @thunderbunny, I am having the same problem as the thread starter. Both of us are using an @me account. Somewhere they (apple) forgot to flip the switch to enable email for expired accounts when migrating to iCloud.

I guess we just have to remain patient!
  6. arteggio macrumors member

Dec 15, 2010
    Are you / the others reporting this after using, or not?

I have never gotten the /move site to work (always forwards to /find). Yet, my expired MobileMe account backs up and syncs bookmarks.

Only problem is broken email, and, for me, broken iCal. I've been assuming using the /move site would fix these things.
  7. flipshot macrumors 6502a

Jul 30, 2007
    Hertfordshire, UK
    It is clearly stated in the release notes:

With lots of mentions of moving your Active MobileMe account to iCloud.
  8. vitzr macrumors 68030

Jul 28, 2011
    I'm sure you're right. When Apple says somethings in Beta, it is truly in the rough stages. Give them a few months to sort it out and it will probably go pretty smoothly from that point. At least that's the impression I got from Apple CSR.