No icloud photo lib, and siri

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by vmachiel, Oct 30, 2015.

1. vmachiel macrumors 68000

Does anyone else have this. Just set mine up: the activate siri option is greyed out and the photo options show only the photostream even though I use iCloud Photo Lib.

2. maverick808 macrumors 65816

maverick808

Maybe you accidentally selected don't use Siri during the initial set up? It's easy to do first time as there's quite a few questions and you are learning how to use the remote so easy enough to accidentally click during one of the set up questions. Maybe check in Settings or if you don't mind resetting then just reset and go back through the setup from fresh?

3. vmachiel thread starter macrumors 68000

That option never came up, and I'm confused by the greyed out settings toggle...

Any ideas regarding iCloud photo lib?

4. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

Make sure your county's setting is on one of the supported Siri ones. USA, U.K. And so on. There's a list on the Apple website. It could have been changed by accident and that would grey out the Siri option.

At the moment iCloud Photo Library only seems to show libraries you have shared, which seems a little backwards to be honest. I expect that to change in future updates.

5. vmachiel thread starter macrumors 68000

Thank you so much
    My country is indeed not supported yet, which such. I'll provide feedback to apple about the photos.

6. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

Apparently, you can set it to any country you want if you really wanted to use Siri just now. What effect that has on the AppStore I don't know, Ive never tried changing. You'd still have your purchases of course, but I don't know if you would then have to use the AppStore for whatever country you set it to, I suspect possibly.

7. nottooshabby macrumors 6502

Can you sync pictures to the new apple tv like on the apple tv 1 or can you only use pictures uploaded to the cloud like the old apple 2 and 3?

8. vmachiel thread starter macrumors 68000

No syncing. It's Apple TV 3 style.

*edit* and don't expect syncing to ever come back again.