Other No icon for 512GB Max in iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mr$tone, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Mr$tone macrumors 6502

When I plugg my iPhone XS Max 512GB into iTunes (cable or Wi-Fi) there’s no icon for my device in iTunes.

There’s always been an icon for my devices in iTunes and I’m starting to wonder if something might be wrong with my setup.

Anyone else seeing this?

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

iTunes should have prompted you it needed to install a file update when you first plugged the phone into iTunes. Has it ever done that?

3. TedJustAdmitit macrumors 6502

TedJustAdmitit

Check to see if the Pop-up is hidden behind a Window. Do you have Mac or PC? Also reinstall iTunes no matter which OS you have. Lastly re-trust your phone to your computer.

4. jamezr macrumors G5

jamezr

The pop up gets lost in any open windows you might have open. You can always download iTunes from Apple's website and reinstall. It will prompt you to update and it should all work after that. Hope this helps!

5. iapplelove macrumors 601

iapplelove

This. I missed mine at first because only photos opened and not iTunes. Once I opened iTunes I didn't notice a device icon either.

Closed photos and tried reopening iTunes and the update notification came back up.

6. Mr$tone thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes. Update was installed and everything seems to work fine.

I use macOS Mojave.

I’m just annoyed there’s no icon like it used to be and wonder if someone else with the same phone also have their device icon missing?