No idea what my computer is worth.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Supbigfoot, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Supbigfoot macrumors newbie

Oct 28, 2010
    Alberta Canada
    I purchased a MacBook Pro in the fall off 2012.
    The specs are
    -intel 17-2760QM 2.40GHZ

-12 gb of ram

-two 750gb hard drives one running at the faster 7200rpm
    (I have one of those mounts that replace the optical bay with a hard drive)

-intel 4000 graphics with 512mb of dedicated graphics ( Im currently running windows and it says amd Radeon HD 6700m series)

the computer has some regular light wear and tear, with a one slight indent near the power indicator led, and slight scratch on the shell at the top right of the screen.

I installed the addition hard-drive, and will offer it with the original cd disk drive in a usb portable enclosure.

im thinking $1,600 Canadian.
    am i right?

second is why.
    I'm majoring in computer science and i love gaming. Apple has been a brand I have always loved and invested a'lot of money into( itunes, apps, ect).
    I cant afford the retina with the graphics card I need to play the games I want to. I have moved to android, and have a love, hate relationship with the device. Is it worth selling my macbook, and will I be able to get a decent gaming laptop in return.

thanks for the advice, and sorry about spelling and grammer not my strongest area.
  2. Weaselboy Moderator

Staff Member

Jan 23, 2005
    Check recently ended eBay auctions to get a feel for what you should expect.
  3. KeegM480 macrumors 6502a

Aug 13, 2013
    Orlando, FL
    sounds about right, check your competition wherever you are selling it first though.
  4. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

Apr 28, 2011
    Check Mac2Sell. they are pretty spot on. Assuming you have the 15", they come in at about $50 under your quote. Not including your HDD upgrade. But yeah, somewhere in the $1500-$1600 range.