No idea what's wrong with my iPhone and I'm desperate

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dsteven17, Apr 24, 2012.

1. dsteven17 macrumors newbie

Okay so recently whenever I plugged in my iPhone, it tells me that it can’t read the contents of my iPhone and I need to restore it. If I restore it, it will let me plug it back in one time and any time after, I get the same message.

I’ve tried doing the following:

• Deleting facebook, twitter and tumblr apps (per the apple store’s recommendation)
    • uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes
    • turning off my anti virus
    • turning off my firewall
    • not putting music from other people’s computers on there
    • not putting anything not from the apple store on there

I've attached the message my iTunes gives me whenever I plug it in.
    I’m at a loss. Someone please please please help me :(

Attached Files:

2. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    Hmm . . . if you still get the message after restoring your phone it could be something in your back up. I assume you are restoring and then setting up from a backup?

Also had you ever connected to this computer before? Do you have the most recent version of iTunes?

3. dsteven17 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I am restoring it and setting it up from a backup. I just don't know what it could be because when I do restore it, the only things that go back are my apps and my contacts. And I've never heard of anyone else having this problem with their iPhones. iPods, yes and I had this issue too, but I've never heard of it with iPhones.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Try setting up as new after the restore.
    See if that fixes.
    If it does you have a corrupt backup file and if you keep restoring to it you will inherit the same problem over and over.

5. Menge macrumors 6502a

Menge

Question I thought to be relevant: is your Windows copy legitimate? Some of my friends with pirated versions of Windows had issues with the iPhone.

6. dsteven17 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes my copy of Windows is legitimate. I bought my laptop from Best Buy and it was already on here.
    But to the person suggesting I restore it as a new iPhone, I guess I'll try that now.