No identifying data fetched and 01.59.00 bb

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mhaddy, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Mhaddy macrumors 6502

Mhaddy

I finally took the plunge and upgraded to 5.0.1 on my iphone 4 while preserving my bb (01.59.00) using Redsnow 0.9.10b5c. It's working wonderfully. Now it's time to jailbreak! After running Redsnow and selecting Jailbreak, then entering pwned DFU mode, I get the dreaded 'no identifying data fetched' error.

According to Google, one solution is to manually select the IPSW first then re-run the Jailbreak process. When I went to select my IPSW, I selected the one prefixed with NO_BB_xxx because I do not want to risk losing my bb. When I do this, however, Redsnow says the firmware isn't supported.

Do I have to select the stock 5.0.1 IPSW for my phone to do this and if I do, will I lose my 01.59.00 bb?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You need to select the stock IPSW. No, you will not change your baseband version.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

What intell said.
    You just have to point it to the stock ipsw. Redsnow will not update or even touch your bb. It will just jb.

4. Mhaddy thread starter macrumors 6502

Mhaddy

5. nj1266, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012

nj1266 macrumors 6502a

I am having the same problem on my iphone 4 running 5.0.1. Excuse my ignorance, but what is the IPSW and how do I select it before I jailbreak from redsnow?

Edit: So I figured out that I have to select Extras>Select IPSW. When I click the latter, I get a window to my documents. What do I select next? I am using windows 7.

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

You download the IPSW to your desktop so you can browse to it.

7. nj1266, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012

nj1266 macrumors 6502a

I did that from iclarified. mine is iphone3,3_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw But when I unzip the folder what do I click on. There are many different files and folders in there. What is the name of the file or folder to select?

FYI, when I select Extras>Select IPSW>Firmware (folder)> I get three folders all_flash, dfu, and usr. None of them has a file with an ipsw extention!!! Strange!!!

Edit: I think I got it. The Restore file downloads as a zip file, but it is not a zip file. All I have to do is change the extension from .zip to .ipsw and that showed the correct icon. Am I right?

Thanks

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You're not suppose to unzip it or even download it as .zip file.
    Save it as .ipsw extension even if your browser tries to download it as zip.

9. nj1266 macrumors 6502a

Thanks. That is what I am going to do once I get back from the gym. I will redownload it and save it as you said. This way I am sure it does not get corrupted.