no iMacs in the clearance section?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by HBOC, Oct 20, 2009.

1. HBOC macrumors 68020

So I was interested in to see how much the "old" iMacs would drop in price, as the new ones just came out. Well, to my surprise, there is NO iMacs, or any other Mac for that matter, in the clearance site. Just a bunch of accessories...

This time last year, when the UMBP came out, I bought my 4,1 MBP from the clearance site for a great deal.. Are they changing this practice, or did they change the location on their website?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Check Amazon or MacMall, the third party stores are likely the best place to find the older models.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

THey'll be there in a few days. Wouldn't want anyone to opt for an older one over a newer one. :rolleyes:

4. cube macrumors G5

Don't forget the third-party stores where you can walk in.

5. HBOC thread starter macrumors 68020

well, when i bought my 2.5GHZ MBP, it was $1700 from apple.com, but then i used my edu discount and it was $1599. I walked into BB, to look at the one i ordered online a few days later, they were still $2499 for the same one i bought. BB will usually gouge people as long as they can!

6. RogueVasion macrumors regular

RogueVasion

That's not true. When new models come in, you can usually see them at a reduced price. What I want to know is if Apple tell retailers what to drop the prices to on old models? That's would be the most plausible reason, seeing as they wouldn't have a basis on where to drop it.

But I guarantee they'll be there in a few days. Like someone else said, don't want the old ones taking the thunder away.

7. Kid A macrumors regular

going on a month now...

So did this ever happen? No? or did I miss it?

Been checking the clearance section on store.apple.com several times a day nearly every day since the new iMacs were released. Never saw a one iMac, MacBook, or Mac mini in the Clearance section.

Keep waiting??? Or are they just "refurbing" them?

Peace.:apple:

8. Jason Beck macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

Every time I see the Imac on tv or the web I want one even more.

9. PeckhamBog macrumors 6502

PeckhamBog

10. ehduque7 macrumors member

I always thought that they put the old models in the refurb section and not really the clearance section. I thought that was the reason for the increased number of models listed in the refurb section now.