No "import as MP3" in iTunes 8.0 and 8.01?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BOSS10L, Oct 6, 2008.

1. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

I've got two collections (same music), one on my MB, the other on my iMac. I recently started converting my AAC files to MP3 on my MB so I could fit my entire collection on CDs so I could play them in my Mini Cooper with the track information.

For whatever reason, when I go on the iMac and go iTunes->Preferences->Advanced, there is no option to import CDs as MP3s. My MB is running iTunes 7.6 (or something like that), but I have that option. What gives? Is this more DRM stuff?

Quite annoying that the only people who are really hurt or bothered by DRM are those of us who are actually law-abiding. All I want to do is be able to listen to my songs in my car with the artist/track info displayed. Is that too much to ask?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

1) Importing as AAC has no DRM so your entire paranoid rant is without substance.

2) If the machine was set to import as MP3 it still will be after the upgrade

3) The option for MP3 is still there (see the attachment)

Attached Files:

• MP3.png
      MP3.png
      File size:
      80.6 KB
      Views:
  3. calculus Guest

calculus

It's now under the 'general' menu though...

4. BOSS10L thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. I was looking in the wrong place. :eek:

My left hand/thumb is in a brace and I'm in a lot of pain, so I'm a bit 'off'. :D

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Yes, which you can almost see is highlighted in my screenshot. I should have thought of that and moved the import window down a bit :p

6. BOSS10L thread starter macrumors 6502a

No, that's how I found it, by seeing your screenshot had "General" grayed. Thanks again. :)