No in store availability?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tm0000, Sep 18, 2016.

1. tm0000 macrumors regular

Is apple not taking reservations for the iphone 7 plus? I wanted to pick up an iphone 7 plus in store, but I don't see that option anymore? All I see is, shipping dates?
    So the only way to buy the iphone 7 plus, is, if I wait for it to be shipped? I can't reserve in store?

2. MathersMahmood macrumors 6502

MathersMahmood

Where are you from? In the UK no stock either.

3. tm0000 thread starter macrumors regular

US
    Does anyone have any idea, when they will be available in stores?

4. MathersMahmood macrumors 6502

MathersMahmood

No idea. This whole 7 stock issue is a joke tbh

5. letsgox macrumors regular

6. 7even macrumors 6502a

7. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

I think the only way to get a plus at the moment is to reserve or order online. There doesn't seem to be any walk in stock.

8. RustyNeedlePM macrumors member

I just got the same exact one im scheduled for 10 am as well

9. runeapple macrumors 6502a

Are you not able to reserve an unlocked phone paid upfront?

10. kougra6541 macrumors regular

I would keep checking back throughout the day as well. Not just at 12:01am. I managed to find a store an hour away from me that had ATT 128 gb matte black 7 Plus available around 11:05am CDT yesterday!

The guy at the store told me I got very lucky that he didn't think there were very many of mine they made available online.

I wouldn't cancel any online pre-order though until after you are at the store and see the new phone in front of you. To make sure there are no issues and the phone really is yours. The apple employees will understand and will wait with you while you are on hold with apple suppprt to cancel any order that has been placed. (Use the online chat instead of trying to call in, that seems to be faster than calling. They will let you use the computer in store as well to access the chat!)
    --- Post Merged, Sep 19, 2016 ---
    I was able to make a reservation even though I had a pre order already processing. No issues there. The apple employee even went though with the purchase of my new phone before I was able to get through to support to cancel the pre order. No issues there at all.