No incoming calls sound

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by justabrake, Apr 24, 2019.

1. justabrake macrumors regular

justabrake

Iphone X I get incoming sound and names who's calling on my airpods but I don't get any sounds on the iphone when airpods are in their case except it shows it's someone calling in silent mode on the phone I need it to ring i've tried resetting a few things but can't get this working

2. Krayzkat Suspended

Check mute switch on the side, and check your sound settings

3. justabrake thread starter macrumors regular

justabrake

This iphone was giving to me a couple of weeks ago by my brother in law and I checked the mute button didn't know it was there under the case that came with it didn't expect it to be a switch LOL and that was the problem really appreciate it
    Thanks

4. mavots macrumors member

I thought I would bring this up again as I have sporadic "no ring" phone calls, even when expecting a call and the phone is right next to me.
    iPhone 8, ringer on, volume at max.
    I have a couple of spam filters that will block calls. But the call I just got was not blocked and looked "normal".
    I have also had a few international calls that do not ring, even when I am expecting a call. If the phone is not next to me I do not see an incoming call notification and the caller either leaves a message or hang up. In either case the number is then in my Recents list (and not marked spam which is a spam blocker feature).

This is very frustrating. I use Mr Robot and wonder if something is happening with that but have no clue.
    Alos, I can not be 100% sure, but this seems to be happening with telephone numbers that are new to my iPhone. If a familiar number calls (a number that has called previously), then the iPhone seems to ring.

Any experience and solutions are appreciated.