Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMel

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
It's been a full work week and I still don't see Instagram's new "Add Account" option on my iPhone.

I've tried deleting the app, rebooting and reinstalling for the past several days. I've also been monitoring Twitter Search and it seems like nobody else is complaining about not having now.

The weird part is I have it on my Android but not my iPhone.

Do all of you guys have it already? And if you don't, are you running the latest iOS public beta?

Last edited:

hojx

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2014
Singapore
It's been a full work week and I still don't see Instagram's new "Add Account" option on my iPhone.

I've tried deleting the app, rebooting and reinstalling for the past several days. I've also been monitoring Twitter Search and it seems like nobody else is complaining about not having now.

The weird part is I do have it on my Android…

Do all of you guys have it already? And if you don't, are you running the latest iOS public beta?
I have always been running iOS public betas… it showed up for me once I reinstalled Instagram via the App Store.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Seems like an Instagram "issue" rather than an iOS one.

iMel

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I have always been running iOS public betas… it showed up for me once I reinstalled Instagram via the App Store.
Did you reboot before reinstalling?
[doublepost=1455382480][/doublepost]
Seems like an Instagram "issue" rather than an iOS one.
It seems weird to me that they'd roll it out on the per-device basis instead of a per-account basis. It makes me wonder how they do that...do developers have access to some sort of unique identifier for each device?

Guess I'll just keep waiting/reinstalling.

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
It has nothing to do w/ the iOS. Instagram is rolling it out in increments to users. Same as when they rolled out the rectangular photos. You'll just have to wait patiently.

randot

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2016
Still don't have multiple accounts on my iPhone 6 with the 9.3b3 installed, but I do have the multiple accounts option on my iPad with the latest public iOS. I've tried rebooting, reinstalling and signing out/in of Instagram many times, but no change on the device with the beta.

So I assumed it was related to the 9.3 beta. I'm surprised to see other beta users here that are able to switch accounts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.