No Installer app After ZiPhone Jailbreak????

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by maclovin', May 15, 2008.

1. maclovin' macrumors regular

maclovin'

I have already jailbroken my iPod, this is regarding the jailbreaking of a friends iPod. She is unable to do it herself since she has no WiFi connection, so she asked if I would do it for her.

I downloaded ZiPhone 3.0 for mac, and connected her 1.1.4 iPod to my computer. I put the iPod in restore mode, and jailbroke it successfully (or so I thought). ZiPhone said that the jailbrake was successful, and the iPod is fully functional, however, the installer.app is nowhere to be found. I repeated this process with the same result. I need help SOON as I have to give the iPod back tomorrow. Is there a way to download the installer.app from somwhere else and put it on the iPod? Or is there anything that can be done? HELP!!

2. maclovin' thread starter macrumors regular

maclovin'

Well, I fixed the problem myself through trial and error. It turns out my dad was logged in to the computer at the same time as me, and his iTunes app was taking over or something, I'm not really sure. All I know is that now, the installer is on the iPod, and I am currently downloading and installing apps. Thanks anyway!!