No Installer

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MaxwellLc, Aug 29, 2008.

1. MaxwellLc macrumors newbie

When I attempt to open certain .pkg files stuffit won't work for me so I searched for my Installer in spotlight but I cannot find it. I think I deleted it :(

What should I do? :confused:

2. hughvane macrumors 6502

hughvane

Got your original Apple disks? If yes, use System Restore. You can use the CD's or DVD's that came with your Mac to put it back to the way it first came out of the box. I do not know, unfortunately, if SysRestore affects other applications, files etc.

3. djtrippin macrumors newbie

System restore will revert everything system related back to the way it was originally. Which means reupdating everything back to current. This is a major pain in the rear if you've had your mac a while.

I recommend using Pacifist. With pacifist, you can open the package structure on your install media and reinstall just the apps you are having trouble with. Huge lifesaver in situations like this.

4. LifeAfter1am macrumors newbie

I had this exact same problem, except that my installer would just crash every time that I tried to install something. What i did was a system restore. After restore there will be an option to load all your system settings, files and media. Make sure that you back up ALL of your information before doing this or you will lose eveything.
    Hoped this helped!

5. MaxwellLc thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks alot, Pacifist was just what I was looking for. As for everyone else, thank you for the other advice. :)