No insurance, no applecare in florida

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AustinD, Jul 13, 2008.

1. AustinD macrumors regular

The iphone doesnt get insured by att, which was fine by me because I was going to purchase applecare. Come to find out its not available in Florida.

So if i ever have a problem (screen, speaker, battery, button broken, etc) am i SOL?

2. michaelmaxwell2 macrumors regular

Your fine for 1 year, when the phone is repaired they restart the original warranty. I replaced my phone around 6 times under the regular warranty.

3. AustinD thread starter macrumors regular

Ahh thank you, that just relieved so many 'oh crap' feelings i had.
    Now im just wondering if i shouldve direct ordered or waited till my store (rather small town but big enough to get more phones) was restocked. Hopefully that $15 speedy shipping will pay off.

4. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

This part is not true.

5. dansante macrumors newbie

Where did you hear that you can't get AppleCare in Florida? Is that only applicable to the iPhone? I'm in Florida and I have it on my MBP (and have used it, just last week actually). When I've been at the Genius Bar, I think I've seen AppleCare packages for the iPhone. I know that several years ago you couldn't get AppleCare on a Mac desktop/laptop in Florida, but now you can, so I'm not sure why there'd be a separate rule for the iPhone.

Also, I just skimmed the iPhone AppleCare agreement (read the whole thing here: http://images.apple.com/legal/applecare/docs/app_iphone_english.pdf)
    and there's a specific section for Florida Residents that says "The laws of the State of Florida will govern this Plan and any disputes arising under it." It does say the plan may not be available in all states, but I didn't notice anything specifically stating it's not available in Florida.

6. michaelmaxwell2 macrumors regular

Really so how is my Iphone stating the warranty ends in august 18 2009. When a major repair is done it gets restarted i think. My time line

1) safari shutting down

2)phone shut off

3)would not complete itunes restoration process.

4)phone screen lining came out.

7. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I think what it is is that when Apple takes your product away, they add that time to your Apple care. Like (hypothetically) my Applecare was supposed to expire July 10, 2008 but since my computer was with Apple for a week, it's now July 17, 2008.

It may vary state to state though.

8. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Purchase it using an Amex card and you're covered for two years, which is as long as AppleCare.

9. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

Cellular eXpress will insure them... They are the non-corp. at&t stores in most cases. Not sure what the rates are BUT i'd guess its rather high since replacement cost will be $500+
    Apple Care is available as others have pointed out.

10. scottbushey macrumors member

I purchased 2 applecares online the other day and I live in Florida-even talked on the phone to a Apple rep.......